Saturday, April 1, 2017

Brakes and Glutes

I finished the brake replacement on the 5th Wheel Trailer yesterday, and the whole job went remarkably well.
At my age, whenever I do anything that requires serious exertion, I expect to be a little stiff and sore the following day.  I anticipated some aching in my biceps and shoulders, but what I didn't expect was how much strain I was putting on my gluteus maximus muscles.  
When I wasn't on my back operating the bottle jack from under the trailer, most of the job was done from a sitting or kneeling position.  Apparently, breaking loose lug nuts while on your knees causes a lot of pull on the old glutes.
The bottom line is the job is done, and I can now confirm that doing a brake job on the trailer was literally a pain in the butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment