Friday, March 10, 2017

No Small Feat

It's Rodeo time in Houston, and that - along with yesterday's post - got me thinking about Acme Dingo Boots, shoe sizes, and feet in general.  
I've talked about feet before (HERE) but there are a couple of updates to pass along.
First, I no longer wear a size 7 or 7 1/2 shoe.  The last three pairs of shoes I've bought, including those yesterday, were size 8.  I'm not sure why this change came at this stage of my life, but I suppose it is the result of some combination of gravity and old age.
I also failed to mention in my earlier post that Dingoes were not really cowboy boots.  As the name implied, they were fashioned after the footwear of Australian sheep herders, and they were endorsed by American football players O. J. Simpson and Joe Namath.  Still, they looked "Western" enough to wear to the rodeo, and they were remarkably comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment