Saturday, July 16, 2016

More Adventures In Getting Started

Well, my new starter for the old tractor did finally arrive - a day late, but it came - and I got it installed yesterday.  

I also replaced the old fuel filters.  FYI - the filters, which are two dollars apiece on line, cost twenty one dollars each at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Anyway, I thought I was done, but the old tractor only ran for about 15 or 20 minutes, then shut down again.  I've still got an obstruction in the fuel line somewhere, I just haven't pinpointed the cause.

Installing that starter proved to be, quite literally, a pain in the ass!

At my age, I'm used to having new aches anytime I do anything outside of my usual routine, and I had to hold the starter in place in a very awkward position with one hand while I  started the bolts with the other.  I knew I would be feeling that today, but I expected to feel it in my arms and chest. I do, but by far the most noticeable pain is in a totally unexpected area.

I installed the starter from a sort of kneeling position, sitting back on my heels, and this morning my poor old butt feels like someone was kicking me the entire time.

No comments:

Post a Comment