Thursday, October 29, 2015

Kaput

As I mentioned several times last June, I have been trying to get one more year out of our old riding mower. 

I have probably spent as much time working on the mower this summer as I did actually mowing grass.  In addition to the spindle I replaced back then, I’ve replaced blades and belts, and even repaired a cracked engine block with epoxy.

We almost made it.

I had just finished mowing a few days ago, and was running up and down the driveway blowing leaves and clippings off the pavement, when the engine made a loud noise.  I shut it down immediately, but when I tried to start it again, the engine wouldn’t turn over.

I went out to work on it yesterday, and found that – even with the sparkplug removed – I could not turn the engine with a wrench and a cheater pipe.  It is locked up as solid as a rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment