Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Don’t Call It Frisbee Golf

TeeBox151

The U S Disc Golf Championship gets underway today at the Winthrop University Gold Course in Rock Hill, South Carolina.  I probably wouldn’t know or care, except that a former student of mine, Dieter Neumann, is one of the participants.

When I say former student, I mean that I taught him service techniques on several copiers – I sure didn’t teach him how to throw a Frisbee.  I’d like to think he enjoyed my classes, but I know Dieter liked to come in from Shreveport for classes because it gave him the chance to play several disc golf courses around Houston. 

Folks in Rock Hill have spent the entire summer getting the course in excellent shape – even re-doing direction signs on Interstate 77 – and despite all the flooding in the eastern part of the state, the course and the weather today should be almost perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment