Friday, October 16, 2015

A Bit Much

Several days ago, I got a good laugh when someone posted this on Facebook:

what I got an even bigger laugh when my old friend Dave Szostek added this in the comments:

bitgunIf you’re still not laughing, let me explain – the “bullets” are actually screwdriver bits, used in magnetic screwdrivers and electric drills.

As a new-hire at 3M in 1971, I got my first Magna-Tip screwdriver in my tool bag.  Over the years since then, I have owned a dozen or so magnetic screwdrivers and hundreds of bits. 

One of the best Christmas gifts I ever received was an electric screwdriver that uses those bits and runs on triple-A batteries.  A coworker found it on an under $10 table at Home Depot, and bought it as a gag gift.  I’ve used that screwdriver several times a week for over twelve years, and changed the batteries for the first time this past summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment