Saturday, October 10, 2015

Jurassic Shave

barbasolA week or two ago, I picked up a new can of Barbasol.  I still had some left in the old can, so I didn’t notice until a couple of days ago that it had a dinosaur on the can.  The one I got was a lot more subtle than the one pictured above – instead of a huge pterodactyl, it had a smaller silver T-Rex on the can.  I tried to take a picture of mine, but it came out pretty terrible – out of focus, and the can looks bent.

151010_0000

I’m not sure how I missed it, but apparently there was a huge cross promotion between United Artists and Barbasol – complete with TV ads – to mark the release of Jurassic World.  I do know that, although no one will quote actual figures, Barbasol “starring” in Jurassic Park twenty-something years ago is considered one of the most successful product placements in movie history.

Anyway, when I mentioned the T-Rex on the can to Honey, she asked me if I had tried to unscrew the bottom of the can.  I laughed and told her it was the first thing I did when I noticed it.  What I didn’t say is that I’ve tried that on every can of Barbasol I’ve bought since we first saw Jurassic Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment