Monday, August 3, 2015

House Cleaning

pwash

Our old house here at the Boggy Thicket looks pretty good for its age.  If, that is, you don’t look too close. 

If you do look carefully, you’ll find lichens and mold growing on the bricks and dirt and mildew on the siding – just one of the benefits of living in this climate. That is why I pressure-wash the outside of the house every couple of years, a job I started yesterday.

About ten years ago, I bought a six-foot wand extension that lets me reach the top of the gables without setting up scaffolds or hauling around ladders.  Once I did that, it cut the job from two long days to one – a day and a half if I also did the garage.

Yesterday, I managed to get the front of the house clean, but that took all day and was all that I could do.  I found that I could barely control that long extension, and a half hour of wrestling with it was about all I could handle.  I was never so glad to see that pressure washer run out of gas.

I will get the job done, but it looks like that one or two day job is going to take at least a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment