Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Where I Stand

An old friend posted a political quiz on Facebook this morning – Quiz – and while I think most things of this sort are pretty useless, this one is surprisingly accurate.

The web page has a lengthy explanation of their terms, which I won’t repeat here, but you should read carefully to understand.  Using their definitions, they chart your political leanings on a graph like this:

where they stand

The test offers a series of 36 statements to which you are asked to agree or disagree.  Based upon your reactions, it will generate the chart.

If you think about it too hard, many of the statements will have no correct response – for example, “A strong military is a better foreign policy tool than a strong diplomacy.” – so don’t analyze, just go with your first reaction.

My results  were:

My politics

On the horizontal axis, this puts me exactly halfway (50%) between dead center and far right, which is about where I would have put myself.  The vertical puts me just below (8%) the center line.  I would have expected to be right on, or slightly (no more than 10%) above it, but based on their definitions, it’s probably correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment