Saturday, July 11, 2015

Self Medicating

Went to bed early last night, then woke up at midnight so stiff and sore I could hardly stumble into the bathroom. 

Since yesterday's news had warnings about the dangers of taking Advil, I opted to take another anti-inflammatory we had on hand, a prescription drug left over from my last round of gout. 

It had worked fine for this before, but I woke about 1:30 with both of my hands on fire.  They were a little bit pink, and only slightly swollen, but felt like they were in a mound of fire ants. 

I finally woke Honey up about 2:15.  By then the symptoms had spread to my feet.  She sprayed the affected areas with Bactine, which brought some partial but immediate relief, and had me take some Benedryl capsules.

I finally got back to sleep about 3:30.

I’m not sure the pill I took caused the reaction.  They’ve never bothered me before, but I’m not ready to try them again to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment