Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Search for Life

 

water-solar-system-galaxy

High-ranking NASA scientists say that we are right on the verge of discovering alien life,

"I think we're going to have strong indications of life beyond Earth within a decade, and I think we're going to have definitive evidence within 20 to 30 years," NASA chief scientist Ellen Stofan said Tuesday (April 7) during a panel discussion that focused on the space agency's efforts to search for habitable worlds and alien life.

"We know where to look. We know how to look," Stofan added during the event, which was webcast live. "In most cases we have the technology, and we're on a path to implementing it. And so I think we're definitely on the road."

I think that’s interesting – exciting to have the sci-fi fantasy of my youth discussed as a serious probability – especially when it seems less and less likely that we will ever find intelligent life on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment