Friday, March 27, 2015

There’s Always One

We put up one of those sock type Finch feeders this winter.  It just sat there for the first few days – long enough for me to wonder if I had wasted my money – then it stayed extremely busy for a couple months.

finch2We often had as many as 20 birds at a time, and I was refilling the sock at least once a day. 

Then, one day about two weeks ago, they were gone.  We didn’t see any finches, and the level of seed in the sock didn’t drop at all for over a week, so last Tuesday I replaced the sock with a Hummingbird feeder. 

Yesterday, I saw that we had one straggler.

finchOf course, I had the wrong lens on my camera (and no time to run back to the bedroom for the other one) so if you blow the picture up big enough to see him well, you lose a lot of definition.  Still, you should be  able to tell that he is turning bright yellow, beginning to sport the summer plumage that we almost never get to see this far south.

No comments:

Post a Comment