Thursday, March 26, 2015

That’s No 4-leaf Clover

If you are actively searching for a four-leaf clover, and see what you think might be one, it almost never is.  Far more often, a lobe from another leaf has gotten tangled with a three-leaf clover, giving the appearance of four leaves.

That’s what I thought had happened here.  I first saw this clover leaf almost a week ago.  I thought it might be a four-leaf, but the lobes did not make a symmetrical cross, so I ignored it.

Finally, yesterday evening, I actually leaned down and picked it, only to discover that it had not four, but five lobes.

clover2According to the 4-leaf Clover Website, 5-leaf clovers are much less common than 4-leaf clovers, and are supposed to bring even more good luck.  Now, that would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment