Sunday, March 1, 2015

LTBL – Part Two

I linked yesterday’s blog report on Facebook, and got comments like

Magenta Wise The tension is electrifying! Looking forward to the next installment

Robert Lieder I'm on the edge of my seat !! Biting my nails !! Hoping my friend will See The Light !!

Elyse Smith I trust Part II will be illuminating......

That’s a lot of pressure, and I’m afraid this post won’t live up to such lofty expectations, but I shouldn’t keep you in the dark any longer.

Yesterday’s upgrade of the lights in our 5th wheel trailer is complete, and while I’m very pleased with the result, I’m afraid today's post may prove anticlimactic.

I took some comparison pictures, but they don’t really show what was obvious to the eye.  I’m not sure whether that’s a limitation of the camera, or my skills as a photographer, but…..

before 

Here’s a shot of a double fixture with the original incandescent bulb on the right and one of the LED “bulbs” on the left.  While the color difference is obvious, the LED is actually measurably brighter than the  incandescent.  Somehow, the photo almost makes it seem like the opposite is true.

This shows the difference between the LED “bulb” and the new p-c board type:

after1 As I said, the pictures don’t really tell the true story. 

Even though it isn’t obvious, the new p-c type LEDs are a LOT brighter, and Honey finds the “warm white” of these LEDs much more pleasant, so the upgrade was definitely worth the time, money and effort.

By the way, speaking of “warm white” - the color of light is measured in degrees Kelvin, and “warm white” is actually cooler than “cool white”  You can see that on this factoid sheet from EFI.  Oh well, that could be the topic for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment