Saturday, October 4, 2014

Smoking Okra

hemp-plant

Across the road and about 100 yards east of the Boggy Thicket there is an abandoned property that has reverted to nature.  Undergrowth is so thick that you almost have to know that there is a ruined trailer back there to be able to spot it.  I mention it today because  I have been wondering on my morning walks about several plants lining the ditch at the front of the place - plants that look a whole lot like the hemp plants above.

Are they actually marijuana plants growing wild?  I used to hear stories about wild pot plants along ditches in South Texas, but I never saw anything that I actually recognized as Cannabis.

Apparently, I’m not the only one who can’t identify the stuff - Dwayne Perry of Cartersville, Georgia  was awakened by a helicopter flying low over his house Wednesday and then some heavily-armed deputies and a K-9 unit showed up at his door. They were from the Governor's Task Force for drug suppression and they were out looking for marijuana plants.

It turns out the chopper has spotted his field of okra.

                      okra1  hemp

                                   Okra                             Marijuana

Now, that’s just embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment