Thursday, October 2, 2014

Gone Forever

HerbertLake-BanffNP-1

The photo above is Herbert Lake between Banff and Jasper in the Canadian Rockies.  I think it may be the best picture I ever took.

Unfortunately, it is the only picture we have left from our first extended trip after retirement.  I pulled it back down off the web from my Photobucket site.  All of the other photos from that trip, and a whole lot more, were lost when my laptop crashed last week.  The guy who repaired it was able to save a lot of files, including some photos, but he left out one folder that contained hundreds of images.  A lot of those photos were junk, but a lot more were memories we wanted to keep forever, and now there is no way to get them back.

It is a hard lesson, brutally taught, but from now on I will back up any files I really might want in the future on some type of external media, thumb drive, DVD, etc.

2 comments:

  1. I guess it's a good thing i stole some of your pics, huh? I've put them on a disc & I'm mailing it to you!! Love you, XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'm glad the guy who repaired your laptop managed to restore some of the files you had on your computer. It would've been frustrating if you lost all of them. Although some photos might be considered junk, they are still memories worth keeping, right? Anyway, make sure to keep a backup of your files every now and then to avoid those kinds of worst case scenarios. All the best! :)

    Lillian Walker @ TaylorWorks

    ReplyDelete