Saturday, March 1, 2014

Counting To One

piles-of-pills

I consider myself to be a generally healthy person.  I do have my collection of minor aches and pains, but nothing too serious considering my age.

But…

Like many folks my age, I do take a lot of  pills every day. 

I have one drawer beneath the bathroom sink dedicated to the meds I take every day.  Three of the nine pills I take daily are over-the-counter medications, but all of them were prescribed for one condition or another. 

Every morning, while breakfast is cooking, I remove one pill from each bottle and pile them on the counter.  Once I have them all, I scoop them into my hand and swallow them all at once.

Each of the prescription meds I take is mailed to me, and  each bottle is supposed to contain a 90 day supply.  Three of them come in the manufacturer’s packaging, and the other three are repackaged by the pharmacy, but all are supposed to contain 90 pills.

So….

Why is it that they never run out at the same time? 

Why is one bottle empty when the others still contain several days supply?

Why is it seldom the same prescription that runs out early?

I suppose that there is a greater likelihood of a miscount on the repackaged meds, but they are not always  the ones that run out first.

I guess that I could be the problem, but I doubt it.  It’s pretty hard to mess up when you’re only counting to one.

No comments:

Post a Comment