Thursday, March 20, 2014

Best Laid Plans

The guy is due to be here in a couple hours to fill in the pool.

There are several things I was supposed to have done before he got here, and only a few of them went as planned.  I got all of the furniture moved off of the deck, and I dug up and moved the saucer magnolia that would have been in his way, but…

  1. I spent an hour trying to remove the pole that held the bird feeder.  It spins, and it came up about six inches and stopped.  Additional digging, prying and lifting got me no further.  Honey told me to stop before I had a stroke.
  2. The bolts holding the diving board are so thoroughly rusted up that the nuts are impossible to turn even after soaking them several times with lubricant.  Of course, my 1/2 inch break-over bar is in the tool box in the 5th wheel, and that is 15 miles away in the shop.
  3. The submersible pump was emptying the pool slower than expected, but it was working, then  it seems to have quit almost entirely overnight.  I pulled it out and checked it – nothing wrong – I guess that the hose got clogged, but it’s moving water now.  Instead of a foot or two in the deep end, water is still a couple inches deep in the shallow.

I called the contractor before he left home to see if he wanted to wait another day, but he said not to worry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment