Sunday, March 9, 2014

About (daylight savings) Time

clock 

You might say that I have too much time on my hands – and not enough time to do anything about it.

After dutifully making the rounds resetting clocks last night, I slept in this morning – didn’t get up until 8:12 daylight savings time.  My personal diurnal clock still said 7:12 (it takes a bit longer to reset) but by either standard it was still later than usual.

I awoke to realize that I was only about halfway  through with the annual Spring ritual. 

While I did “Spring Forward” on my wristwatch, the alarm clocks in the bedrooms, the clocks on the kitchen range and the microwave, and the grandfather clock in the hall, I did not reset the thermostat for the central heat/air conditioner to daylight savings mode.  Neither did I reset the timer on the pool pump, or the generator.

Our Generac automatic generator “exercises” once a week – a sort of self-test that keeps everything lubricated and working properly.  It has been  set to do this each Sunday morning around eleven, but unless I quit writing and go do something about it, it won’t come on today until noon.

Of course, there are other “clocks” that I never bother to reset – never have bothered to set at all – things like my blood sugar monitor, or the pedometer Honey wears on her morning walks.

At least the “clocks”  on my cell phone and laptop computer reset themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment