Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Patsy

patsy swayze

Patsy Swayze died yesterday. 

She was a great dancer, who taught some really great dancers – people like actor/dancer/choreographer Tommy Tune - the producer of Modern Family, Gary Menteer - and  of course her own son, Patrick.

Along the way, she also taught some pretty good dancers like my sister Karen, and she even tried to teach me. 

I took tap from Patsy when I was six and appeared in one recital before throwing in the towel.  I came back for a ballroom class about the time I entered junior high. I don’t think I was her worst student but I had to have been a challenge. 

I liked Patsy a lot, and remember her fondly today.

 

1 comment:

  1. It's great to remember her - or in my case, to remember all my mom's stories about her.

    ReplyDelete