Sunday, August 11, 2013

Catching Up

Back home for a few days, but still not back in the swing of daily posts.

You haven’t missed much – mostly we’re still getting the trailer unloaded and cleaned up, and getting the house, pool and yard back in shape. 

The high temps and no rain have our yard looking pitiful – grass is brown and shrubs dropping leaves like crazy.  We really need some rain.  Yesterday, I went to the grocery store and got soaked to the bone hauling my purchases to the truck.  It was a deluge, a real toad strangler, but just 10 miles away at our house we only got a a few minutes of light sprinkle as we watched thunderstorms pass to our east and west.

Thursday was my birthday, and I had a good one.  Went to Texas Roadhouse for prime rib, and brought home one of their Big Ol’ Brownies, packed to go, which became my birthday cake.  Doesn’t get much better than that.

Headed out now to vacuum the pool.  Can’t tell you how much I'm looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment