Sunday, June 2, 2013

Nothing’s Ever Easy

Today’s the day we are scheduled to take the stray cat to the SPCA. 

When I got up this morning at 6 a.m., the dogs were going nuts – much more agitated than usual – and when I let them out the back door, I saw why.

The damn cat – which until today had not made it over the fence into the back yard - was 20 feet up a tree, sitting on one of our backyard floodlights! 

I have an aluminum ladder I could use to go get her, but

  • It’s starting to thunder – the combination of lightning and aluminum ladders doesn’t sound appealing.
  • It’s the same ladder that collapsed with me 11 years ago (almost to the day) leaving me crippled all summer.

After trying for several minutes to call the cat, I went to get my camera.  By the time I got back, the cat was down and it had started to rain. 

We are currently under a severe thunderstorm warning, rain is pouring down and the cat is in a flower bed getting soaked.  Hopefully, the weather and the cat will calm down in time to make her appointment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment