Saturday, February 16, 2013

U-F-O

    Thursday evening, Honey and I saw a genuine UFO -

  • U(nidentified) – We think it was a meteor, but really have no idea what the Hell it was.
  • F(lying) – It was moving across the sky at a high rate of speed  about 35 degrees above the horizon.
  • O(bject) – It was something.

I posted this on Facebook

Anybody else just see a big flaming something in the sky?

Heard a boom about 6:18 p.m. Looked to the west and saw something with a flaming tail headed southbound and descending slowly. DA14 isn't due til tomorrow and not supposed to get close enough to enter the atmosphere. Don't know WHAT we saw, but we followed it for a few minutes until it went out of sight.

I got several replies, but nothing to indicate that anyone else had seen what we saw.

I even contacted our local weatherman:

    Bob Couchposted to - David Paul KHOU

  • Yesterday at 6:18 p.m. my wife and I saw what we are pretty sure was a meteor. Not the one that hit Russia - the time doesn't work - but a big flaming something in the western sky traveling on a north to south trajectory. I posted on Facebook and watched the news but haven't seen any other mentions. I wish we had been able to get a picture. Did you get any reports of this?

The video he was referring to is This One, which was in one of the replies to  my Facebook post.

No comments:

Post a Comment