Monday, January 28, 2013

False Spring and a New Font

Temperatures have been warmer than normal here for the last week or so.  The low this morning at the Boggy Thicket was 69°, and we have blooms opening on several of our azaleas – opening at least two months ahead of schedule.

Evidence of Global Warming?

Maybe – But tell that to those from the upper Midwest to New England who have been experiencing record lows over the same period.

On a totally unrelated subject:

You may have noticed that I have switched fonts on my blog.  The default font in Windows Live Writer, which I use most of the time is Georgia 10pt, which is much too small.  I had been using 12pt, but accidentally posted  in Georgia 14pt last Thursday, and I was amazed how much better it looked. 

It really doesn’t make all that much difference as I’m writing, but when posted to my blog, the difference for the on-line reader is huge. The text is not only slightly larger, for some reason it appears much darker, almost as if I had selected bold face.

Scroll back and compare Thursday’s post with last Wednesday’s, and I think you’ll agree that it is much easier on the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment