Saturday, December 1, 2012

Shining Light on the Sun

Every day I get anonymous “comments” on my blog.

You don’t see them because I have set up my site to forward them to an email account where I can review them and determine whether they are worth posting.  Usually – almost always – they are not.  The vast majority are thinly veiled attempts to get me to publish links to the poster’s website.

But I got one today that was different.

First of all, it actually came from someone with a name.

Referring to my post called Sunrise – Sunset from February 23, Deborah Elliot wrote:

The first 'sunrise' is actually a sunset, taken by my son, Mark Elliott, in the Tangalooma region of Morton's Island, Australia. It is a copyrighted photo and should not have been used without permission. Originally, I had his permission to post it on my own website, but now I see that it has been published in a number of places all over the internet, with no credit given to him or link to my own website. Since you are not making money off the image it is OK to continue to post it, but, even though it is an old post, I think you should at least amend it to reflect the truth. Sincerely, Deborah Elliott

As I said in my February post, the picture in question was an anonymous photo I found on the internet.  I have no way to confirm what she says, but have no reason to doubt her claim.

Mrs. Elliot also has a blog, and she published a post that was also called Sunrise Sunset earlier this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment