Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sunrise - Sunset

How do you feel about sunrises? 

How about sunsets?

Do you prefer one over the other, and, if so, why?

Which do you think is prettier?

Is that opinion based upon where you happen to be at the time?

Without knowing where you are, if you were shown two photographs, could you really tell them apart?

Sunrise-21

 

sunset tapak tuan

Sunrise-Myrtle-Beach-wallpaper

 

Yes, I can count to three

The first photo is a sort of generic sunrise from an unknown location pulled off the internet.  Let’s just say it is there to establish the mood.

How about the other two? Do you have a preference?

The middle picture is a sunset over the Indian Ocean taken from Tapaktuan, Indonesia, and the last is sunrise over the Atlantic from Myrtle Beach, North Carolina.

If ocean views aren’t your thing, how about a Rocky Mountain sunset from Alberta, Canada?

Alberta sunset

Or sunrise on the Big Thompson River in Colorado’s Rocky Mountain National Park?

big thompson sunrise

I don’t have a strong preference, but if I were forced to choose, I think perhaps I like sunrise a little better.  The only reason I can think of is that I’ve probably seen a lot more sunsets than sunrises in my life.  I am not always up early enough to watch the sun rise, but on those days that I do, I am almost always around when it sets.

If you want a picture of a truly unique sunrise from a remote location, try this:

sunrise_apollo 12

It was shot by the crew of Apollo 12 while they were on their way back to Earth from the Moon.

1 comment: