Sunday, September 2, 2018

Thanks Windows 10

Image result for brother mfc 240c
We have an old Brother printer - actually a multifunction printer/copier/fax/scanner.  We have it connected to Honey's laptop via a USB cable, and I print to it over WIFI, using her computer as a print server. It has worked very well...until yesterday.
Yesterday, I couldn't print to it at all.  I tried every trick I could think of including blowing it away and reinstalling.  I was able to print a test page - once - but when I tried to print normally, I got a message that my User Name and/or Password were incorrect.  
It had never required a password before, something changed with the last Windows 10 update,  and it took me all day yesterday and most of this morning to find a place to tell it that it didn't need one now.
If you should ever have this problem, go to  Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings.  Then scroll down to All networks  and click to expand.  At the bottom of the page you will find
password protected sharing.  Click the button to turn it off, and you're back in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment