Sunday, May 17, 2020

Hair Razing

I was due for a haircut and had planned to go the day after every barbershop in the state was shut down because of Covid-19.
Needless to say, I was getting pretty shaggy.   
Since Honey absolutely refused to try to cut my hair, I was actually considering trying to cut it myself.  Then the barbershops opened again.
I grabbed my mask last Thursday and headed for Travis's barbershop in Porter.  As it turned out, I didn't need the mask since I went straight from the door to a barber chair.  All the barbers were masked, as were those few folks who were waiting, but those who were actually getting their hair cut were not.
While I was getting my cut, I overheard a conversation at the next chair over.  The barber was explaining that they were not eligible for unemployment assistance since they were classified as self-employed.  I probably could have figured that out, but it hadn't occurred to me.
When he was done, the barber said that since it was Thursday, I was eligible for a two dollar senior discount and my haircut would cost thirteen dollars.  I handed him a twenty and told him to keep the change.  
I thought he was going to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment