Saturday, June 22, 2019

My Excuse

I haven't posted much on my blog for the last week or so.  I had reasons - disappointed about not being able to take our trip due to problems with the 5th wheel, etc. - but now I have an EXCUSE!
It all started Monday night after supper.  I got the most excruciating pain in my stomach, pain that radiated into my back.  It was bad enough that I ended up sleeping (what little sleeping I did) on the recliner for two nights in a row.
It continued to bother me, so I went to the doctor on Thursday.  By the time I got to see him, it seemed a little better, but he ordered some blood tests, and yesterday afternoon his office called. "You have pancreatitis, and need to go to the ER."
After several hours, more blood tests and a CAT scan, the hospital confirmed the diagnosis.  The doctor did seem to think that it was getting better, and he let me come home.  
Treatment at this point is a bland diet, small portions, and a long list of foods to avoid - no alcohol, no caffeine, no bacon, no fun.  
I still have some more diagnostics scheduled for next week, and another doctor's appointment, but maybe we're on the downhill side of this.
Anyway, if you've never had pancreatitis, don't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment