Sunday, March 10, 2019

Nobody Goes There

For the last couple of years, we have been searching for a good Tex-Mex restaurant in the area.  There were several that were OK, one that was good until they changed chefs, but nothing to write home about.  
So we were very excited when a new Gringo's opened in the Valley Ranch Shopping Center.
I can report that the food is excellent, and their tres leches cake is the best I've ever tasted.  It is a great place to eat if you don't starve waiting for a table.
They don't take reservations, but you can call ahead to be placed on a waiting list.  On a Saturday a few weeks ago, I did just that.  We arrived at the restaurant a half hour later and still had to wait almost an hour to get seated.
Like I said, the food was superb, but the whole experience reminded me of the old Yogi Berra quote - "Nobody goes there.  It's too crowded."

No comments:

Post a Comment