Sunday, March 3, 2019

Breaker Conclusion

Our electrical problem that started Tuesday morning was finally fixed late yesterday afternoon.  
The electrician we hired to find the problem worked much of Thursday, then brought a helper and they worked all day Friday and most of Saturday before he declared everything fixed.  
Most of that time was spent crawling around the attic looking for a bad connection.  They finally found it, and I can only say that it's one of God's minor miracles that our house hasn't burned down sometime in the last 20 years!
They found a splice with wires twisted together and wrapped with green electrical tape.  3M makes a green electrical tape for color coded installations, but I have never owned any.  The splice had been arcing and the tape was charred, almost burned through.
The electrician took a picture with his phone, and I would have liked to post it here, but he forgot to send it to me.  Just believe me when I say it was scary.
I've been trying to figure out who would have done that and why.  I can only guess that when the contractors installed the microwave they did a temporary connection, then forgot to come back and do it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment