Sunday, March 31, 2019

Facebook Can Read Your Mind

Image result for wallet for men
Ever notice how if you look for anything on-line ads for similar products will appear on your Facebook page?
It's kind of spooky, but the simple explanation is that there are algorithms that track activity on Amazon, Google, etc. and suggest ads that might be of interest - nothing magic about it.
All that is fine, but... 
I mentioned to Honey last week that my old wallet is wearing out, and ever since I have had four or five separate ads for wallets on my Facebook page every time I log on.
The telepathy isn't perfect.  
All the ads are for wallets that range from $59.95 to over a hundred dollars.  I don't think I've ever paid more than $12.95 for a wallet in my life, and don't plan to start now.

No comments:

Post a Comment