Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Renewal

I went to my local HEB store yesterday to renew our license plates.  
Actually that isn't entirely correct - in Texas the plates are semi-permanent, only get replaced every seven years or so - what I got was a decal for my truck's windshield like this one,
 and a sticker to attach to the plate on our 5th wheel trailer.

The computer was taking forever to process the purchases, and the lady at the counter had already apologized twice, when I said "While we're waiting, why don't you sell me some quickpicks for the Megamillions?"
For the first time ever, tonight's jackpot is over two Billion dollars, so, if I wake up a gazillionaire tomorrow, it's all thanks to the amazingly slow system at the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles.


No comments:

Post a Comment