Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Old Dodge - New Trick

I made a quick run to the store yesterday, and when I got home and started to get out of the truck, an alarm started beeping - loud, constant and very annoying, it was the same one that beeps when you forget to turn off the lights.  I had used the lights in the misting rain on the way to the store, but hadn't used them at all on the way back home.
I looked at the dashboard and there was an indicator light that I had never seen before. The symbol looked like it seemed to say I had left the shower running.
I had no idea what the darn thing meant! 
I dug out the owner's manual, and Honey finally found it - it was the symbol indicating that the cargo light was on.
In ten years and 130-plus thousand miles, I had never felt the need to turn on the cargo light, and hadn't intended to turn it on yesterday.
I didn't even know where to find the switch. 
Well, it was right where the manual said it would be. I must have accidentally hit it when turning the lights off. I have no idea why I had never noticed it before.  

No comments:

Post a Comment