Saturday, June 27, 2015

You Look Just Like….

 

You know, you look exactly like ______! 

Has anyone ever told you that?  It has happened to me more times than I can count, but I have never actually seen anybody that really looks like me. 

I just haven’t.

Like most folks, I do have two eyes, two ears, one mouth and a nose that’s more-or-less centered on my face, but that’s about it.

In honesty, I suppose that I should admit that the guy looking back at me from the bathroom mirror doesn’t really look all that much like the image of myself that’s stored in my mind.  Even so, I simply don’t look much like anybody I’ve ever met.

My baby pictures and those of my grandson, Nash Robinson, looked so much alike that if you were to see them on your computer screen - and couldn’t compare the age of the paper - you probably wouldn’t be able to say which picture was Nash and which was of me.  That didn’t last long, though – by the time he was a toddler, he had developed his own unique features, and as a teenager he is much more handsome than I was at his age.

I suppose it is possible that I do have a doppelganger out there somewhere – I’ve just never seen anyone who comes close.

In spite of all the people over the years who swore I looked like someone they knew, I’ve only been mistaken for someone else once that I can remember.  That was years ago, late at night, and a certain amount of alcohol was involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment