Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Bill-ish

billTropical Storm Bill has come and gone.  There were some heavy rains west of Houston, and there are predictions of heavy rains along its path all the way to New England, but basically it was a non-event.

Here at the Boggy Thicket, northeast of Houston, we only got a total of about two inches of rain spread over about 48 hours.

My old friend and former coworker, Dave Szostek, posted this on Facebook:

To all my friends not in the Houston area, we are safe! Mom, please stop watching the weather channel! We did have some slight damage into the $5 range when I left a bag of charcoal on the woodpile. I'm afraid it's a total loss. Will also need to spend a minute or 2 picking up some trash and leaves that blew into the yard. Filling out my FEMA application later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment