Thursday, June 25, 2015

Mower and Mower

Snapshot

As I mentioned back on the 14th, I have been having serious issues with our old lawn mower. My post back then was a little optimistic – the hour or so I thought it would take to get the mower back together became almost a full day.  Even after I got it all together, I found that I had to make another trip to the hardware store for a spacer washer – something it hadn’t needed before. Once it was finally up and running, I had one blade that just fell off – Twice!

I finally got everything working properly, and was able to mow most of the yard yesterday.  I finished up this morning – except for one small area that no longer drains properly and was still a little too wet to mow.

Then, just before I was through, I somehow managed to get the mower caught on an old stump.  I’m not sure how it happened – I’ve mowed over that area before without any problem, but today, it snagged so badly that I had to use the tractor to pull it off. 

I was able to finish mowing, but the system that raises and lowers the mower deck no longer works, and it looks like the entire mower deck has shifted forward.  I don’t know what caused that – what may be bent or broken – but it looks like the mower and I are scheduled for another round in the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment