Friday, December 19, 2014

YUK – Cabin Fever

It’s 58° this morning.  That was the overnight low, and it is close to the forecast high for today.  Not only that, it’s been raining all night.

I know I should be grateful – appreciate what we’ve got – but I can’t. It won’t officially be winter for another couple days, but I’m already sick of it.

I know there are folks up north who would sell the soul of their first-born for temperatures like this at this time of year, but I just don’t care.  Starving children in Africa never made me want to eat my Brussels sprouts when I was a kid, either.  I do like them now, but Africa did not play a part in that decision.

We had one day in the past week when the temperature here at the Boggy Thicket actually hit 80°.  That only served to remind me how much I’m ready for spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment