Thursday, December 11, 2014

Blowing Leaves

blower

No, that isn’t me, and it isn’t our house.  It is a somewhat blurry representation of what I was up to yesterday afternoon.

Most of the leaves that were going to fall have fallen, and they were piled up on the roof – as much as a foot deep in some places – so I decided that yesterday was the day to clean them off. 

After only one nearly disastrous episode with an extension ladder a dozen years ago, Honey never thinks it’s the right time for me to get over a couple feet off the ground - That’s why we no longer put Christmas lights on the roof – so she watched nervously from the back yard the whole time I was up there.

The job went off without a hitch.  The roof looks a lot better, and there’s nothing to dam up if it ever does rain.  All-in-all, the operation was a success, but my legs are so sore this morning that I can hardly move.

No comments:

Post a Comment