Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Annual

PhysicalExams

Went to the doctor yesterday for my annual physical, and everything went well. 

I’m still 72, and not likely to get any younger, but I’m in pretty good shape for a geezer.  My A1-C continues to be in the normal range, so the doc said he no longer considers me diabetic.  He does want me to walk more, drink more water and try to lose at least another 10 to 15 pounds.  He said that with Honey in the room, so you can bet the farm that we’re going to try.

My annual physical used to be in early August, somewhere around my birthday, but thanks to the federal government it is now mid-September.  Medicare will not pay for the exam or the associated lab tests unless it has been at least a year and a day since the last one.  I said that I’m not going to get younger, but at the rate I’m going, I might lose a year on my birthday physical.

No comments:

Post a Comment