Monday, November 5, 2012

Repair Day

Today is going to be a repair day.

Actually, it is a take stuff to be repaired day – I don’t expect anything to get fixed today.

I am taking the 5th wheel back to the RV shop to complete the repairs from the last time it was there, and to find and fix a wire that got broken when they replaced the kitchen gray water tank on that last visit. 

We’re also going to get the wheel well fixed – mostly cosmetic damage from a blowout.  That is covered by comprehensive insurance, and I have a claim number.  State Farm wants an estimate before they send an adjustor to approve the repair, so I have no idea how long that might take.  A little worried though, since when our old trailer was totalled several years ago, a hurricane had all adjusters tied up.  It took six weeks to get somebody out to survey the damage back then.

Once I drop off the trailer, I’ll be taking our pool pump in for repair.  We just had the motor repaired a month ago, and now it has a leaking seal between the motor and the pump body.  I was going to fix it myself, but the bolt holding the impeller on the end of the motor shaft is frozen.  I decided to let the pool place figure out how to get it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment