Monday, October 29, 2012

R.I.P.

I was trying to track down an old friend last week, and was saddened to learn that he had passed away on October 22. 

That was hard enough, but as I read on I was devastated to see that his death occurred October, 22, 2003 – nine years ago.

Johnny G. Stuckey was my best friend in college – one of the best friends I’ve ever had -and although we had only seen each other occasionally over the years, each time we were together we picked up right where we left off, as though we had only been apart for a few minutes instead of years.

johnny stuckey

Johnny's son Chris created a memorial page on Facebook, where he describes his dad as a:

Renaissance Man of the Truest Order!
Musician, Songwriter, Writer, Tattoo Artist, Painter, Designer, Architect, Engineer, Radio and Television Broadcaster etc... and the List Goes On!!

The one thing he doesn’t mention was that John was the truest friend a man could ever want to have.

God rest ye, Johnny.  You gave this old world a Hell of a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment