Sunday, October 21, 2012

Cordless

I own a cordless electric drill, and I think everybody should own one.  They are handy as a zipper, and a lot more versatile.

I have occasionally used mine (the drill, not my zipper) to drill a hole in something, but it gets a lot more use for other stuff.

  1. I’ve used various screw driver bits (including the reversible Phillips/slotted bit that came clipped to the drill) to install or remove hundreds of screws.
  2. I got a set of three (1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 inch) adapters that turn it into a powered socket wrench, and have used it to tighten dozens of nuts and bolts.
  3. I’ve used it with a buffer pad to clean up the fogged headlight covers on my car. 
  4. I also have an attachment that lets me use it to stir paint.
  5. And - I always use it to raise and lower the stabilizer jacks on our 5th wheel trailer.

The one place that I haven’t used my drill is in  the kitchen, but that may change.

No comments:

Post a Comment