Monday, October 15, 2012

Preventive Maintenance Week

imgTestColonoscopy2

Looks like we will be spending the entire week in one doctor’s office or another – one of the benefits of getting older.

I have a colonoscopy scheduled for tomorrow morning, and Honey has one on Thursday.  Sandwiched in between, I have an appointment at my primary care physician for Doppler scans on my neck and legs.  No problems expected on any of these, it’s just time they were done.

As if that wasn’t enough, Honey developed a really sore tooth on Friday.  An after-hours call to the dentist – who is, thank goodness, an old friend – got her antibiotics and pain meds.  She is going to his office for X-rays this morning and I will be starting my “prep” for the colonoscopy about the time she heads for the dentist. 

For those who have never had a colonoscopy, the exam is painless – you’re under anesthesia – but the preparation – designed to clean out you system by giving you severe and prolonged diarrhea – is literally a pain in the ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment