Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Political Rant

usa7

 

I do not believe it’s sedition

To consider our Country’s condition

Because, or in spite

Of the Left, or the Right

We are well on the way to perdition

 

In every recent election

We’ve been offered a meager selection

Those who run are all fools

Or they’re knaves, or just tools

And the each of them merits rejection

 

The future’s bright promise grows dim

The outlook’s decidedly grim

Politicians who ought

Once they’re bribed, to stay bought

Are changing their votes on a whim

 

In America, land of the free

Free used to mean liberty

Now, it’s health-care or lunches

Or home loans and bunches

Of the bills for it all fall on me

 

Though I’m nearing the end of my rope

I will not just sit down and mope

Our country’s still best

When compared to the rest

I refuse to abandon all hope

No comments:

Post a Comment