Thursday, June 30, 2011

No Comment

cowboy and computer

Got an email from my old pal Bob Lieder, and it left me a little confused and a bit concerned.  It was addressed to the Boggy Thicket Help Desk, and it read:

Hey geeks,

I have tried several times to post a comment on your blog

and I have never been successful.  I have an excellent

computer that works well in every way.

But when I try to post a comment on Boggy Thicket I just

can't make it work no matter what I choose for a "profile".

Even "Anonymous" doesn't work.

I regularly post comments on other blogs and all I need

to use is my name and/or mail address.

I suspect I'm not the only one having this problem because

I don't see many ( any? ) comments and I really believe there

would be lots of comments if it were possible to leave one.

Please let me know the easy way.... or lose that "profile" so

all the people who enjoy this blog can share their thoughts.

I expect some action here geeks. If I don't see a satisfactory

result soon, I will have to go over your heads and contact

Bob Couch. Yeah that's right, you heard me, I know him and

I will tell him what's going on !! So get busy. I suggest trying

to leave a comment from a computer not connected to your

blog. Then you will see what the bourgeoisie puts up with.

Sincerely,  B. Lieder

P.S .... I love Boggy Thicket !!

First -  Thanks Bob, and don’t give up.

Second – I have checked the Comments function setup and don’t see any way to make it any easier.  scratchead

Google’s Blogger.com help desk did publish the following back on

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

We're investigating an issue which is preventing login and comment posting for some users, and hope to have a fix released shortly.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

If you wish to comment on a post, and the comments function won’t work for you, I invite you to email the comment to me at 2couches@embarqmail.com or at couch.r.a@gmail.com and I’ll post it for you.

7 comments:

  1. FYI - while I was fooling around with today's post I also updated the post about woodpeckers from yesterday. You might want to look at it again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay. i am able to comment sometimes, so i'm gonna try now. not sure what the problem is, but it doesn't always occur. as i said, sometimes my comments actually show up. here goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fyi- that comments was mine Dad - Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. cannont comment using my email address or google account, only works is i'm anonymous - scratching my head!

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can comment with no trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK.... If this shows up, I have figured out a way to make it work for me. I selected the one called Name/Url and put in my name and left the URL blank.
    Bob C.-- If this works I would suggest changing it to "Name or URL" or just "Name". That will make it easier for us old guy's to understand.

    ReplyDelete