Thursday, November 18, 2010

Who the Hell Are These People?

ryan-reynolds-2

People Magazine just released their list of the Sexiest Men Alive for 2010, and leading the pack was the guy above.  I will admit that I had no idea who he was, but I’ve learned that his name is Ryan Reynolds, and that he  has done some modeling, and some acting, and will soon play the Green Hornet in the movies. 

18C1008E He is married to Scarlett Johansson, who ain’t half bad herself,  and who was just named Babe of the Year for 2010 by GQ Magazine.  I guess that sort of makes them this year’s King and Queen of the prom.

I’ll admit that I’m somewhat out of the loop and about 40 years older than People’s target demographic, but the only guys I recognized in this year’s top five were has-been-rock-star John Bon Jovi, and that curly-headed teacher from Glee.  Rounding out  the top ten, the only others I knew were Justin Timberlake and Robert Downey, Jr.  

Robert Downey?  Puleeze!  He must have something going for him - he keeps getting hired by the studios whenever he’s out of rehab or jail - but SEXY???  I don’t think so.

All of which leads me to my point.

Just who the hell picks these people, and what are their qualifications to judge?  What are their criteria; what’s their definition of sexy?  What was involved in the selection process?  Did money change hands?

Over past years, People has made some pretty respectable choices – Mark Harmon, Denzel Washington, Sean Connery, Tom Cruise, George Clooney, Johnny Depp – but this year's list is pretty lame.

I’ll admit that I am far from being an expert on the subject of masculine pulchritude, but some of the guys People chose couldn’t get a date if they showed up in a money suit at a nymphomaniacs’ convention.

How could they possibly pick this list of turkeys ahead of men like

shemar

Shemar Moore from Criminal Minds, or

 chris o'donnell 

Chris O’Donnell from NCIS, Los Angeles, or

derek-hough

Derek Hough from Dancing With The Stars?

Don’t just take my word for it; judge for yourself Here.  What do you think?  Feel free to add your own recommendations/nominations in comments.

 

1 comment: