Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happy Birthday, Honey

Honey and I

Really amazing – hard to believe – but my beautiful teenaged bride officially became a senior citizen today. 

I meant “til death do us part” when I said it back in 1964, but I don’t think I realized that it meant that one day I would be married to a little old lady. Would I marry her again?  Hell yes – in a heartbeat – but you won’t ever hear me saying it! 

Honey thought those “Marry her all over again” diamond ads were demeaning,  and they made her furious- I used to have to mute them to keep her from throwing stuff at the TV. One would come on, her back would arch like an alley cat in attack mode, and she would say things like “What makes you think I’d marry YOU, you condescending ….”

Like anyone else, we have had our portions of joy and pain – but the pain has been more bearable and the joys so much sweeter because she was by my side. She is by far the best thing that ever happened to me.

rose

No comments:

Post a Comment