Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Say It Ain't So, Dan


Dan Crenshaw and the risk of precognitive law enforcement
Referring to the mass shootings last weekend, my representative, Dan Crenshaw, posted the following recently -


The solutions aren’t obvious, even if we pretend they are. But we must try. Let’s start with the TAPS Act. Maybe also implement state “red flag” laws, or gun violence restraining orders. Stop them before they can hurt someone. I have been a Crenshaw supporter from day one, but I hope he will reconsider. His first sentence is absolutely true, but denying anyone their constitutional rights because they might do something wrong in the future goes against the very concepts our country was founded upon. I don't have an answer to the scourge of mass shootings, but I'm pretty sure the TAPS act isn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment