Monday, February 5, 2018

Super Bowl Thoughts

We watched the Super Bowl yesterday, and (if you don't count a truly rotten half-time show) it had to be one of the most enjoyable in years.  
I kept saying that I didn't have a dog in that fight, so I surprised myself with how pleased I was that the Eagles won.
I don't like Bill Belichick, and Honey will never forgive Tom Brady for Deflate Gate, but even she admits that he is a heck of a quarterback.
At least Nick Foles is a Texas boy.  He led Austin Westlake High School to a state championship in 2006, ten years after they had won the title with Drew Brees as QB.  Of course Westlake seems to stand in the way of a lot of local schools  when it comes to winning, so I can't get too excited about that.
Some of this year's ads were pretty good, and some, as usual, fell short of achieving the sort of response they were going for.  For my money, the best of the bunch actually aired during the pre-game show.  In case you missed it -

No comments:

Post a Comment